
Summer is a great time to enjoy one of my favorite sweets...ice cream! Throughout these warm months I usually find myself going out for ice cream about once a week. Last year I even got on a kick where I would eat it daily (but then it came from my local grocer's freezer rather than a parlor). My two favorite kinds of cone to get are either mint chocolate chip or a vanilla/chocolate twist dipped in sprinkles. Although, I am not too picky and will eat many flavors.
Like I said in my previous post I haven't found a terrific ice cream place in Nebraska. We usually go to Cold Stone, which is good, but too commercial. My favorite kinds of places are the ones where you go up to the window outside to order your treat. These often have pictures of the different ice cream and other novelties posted on the outside. I also enjoy the regular walk in places where you can see all of the ice cream right there before you order. Important qualities in a good ice cream stop include: about 15-20 hard ice cream flavors, the vanilla, chocolate, or twist soft serve, malts, milkshakes, sundaes, blizzards, etc., cone choices, and a place to sit outside to eat.
Some of the best places to enjoy an ice cream cone are:
-Carvel in NJ
-The one by the railroad station in Montville, NJ (the picture above was taken there last summer. I was on vacation and feeling rather crazy so I had my mint chocolate chip ice cream with a waffle cone dipped in chocolate and sprinkles.)
-Captain Sundaes in Holland, MI
-Jersey Junction in GR,MI
-The Whippy Dip up at Sliver Lake in Mears, MI although this is no longer there
6 comments:
I haven't found a terrific ice cream place in Nebraska.
This just means that you haven't been to eCreamery in Dundee or Ted & Wally's in the Old Market. So that means we need to take you.
We would be happy to try those places with you, but does it fit the Happy Eater's criteria???
Neither of them are order-outside, but they both have a large array of ice cream on display. Ted & Wally's makes there ice cream onsite (you may see the ice cream makers run when you walk in). And you can easily eat outside at eCreamery. Interestingly enough eCreamery's main business is not their store.
I also forgot Zesto's by the zoo. That's a order-outside place.
By the way, I've only been to Cold Stone once. The ice is good but wayy too expensive.
Has Dan argued against your use of the title "Whippy Dip" in Mears yet?
Girl, I'm going to second my husband's remarks. You don't mess with me and my ice cream, you see, and each of the places he mentioned scores big in my book. So....let's make a date. I have some introductions to make....
Sounds great! I can't wait! The other day Dan said something about trying the eCreamery in Dundee, so now we have an even better reason to go!
Post a Comment