
This past Friday we were able to celebrate our nation's 232nd birthday The Happy Eater style...a barbeque with some friends! We had great weather and great food which made for a fabulous time!
Everyone brought something to share so we had a great variety of delicious food! I really enjoy potluck events like this! For appetizers we had Doritoes (which I became addicted to) and also grilled pita shells with a garlic cream cheese filling. It was really good.
Everyone brought something to share so we had a great variety of delicious food! I really enjoy potluck events like this! For appetizers we had Doritoes (which I became addicted to) and also grilled pita shells with a garlic cream cheese filling. It was really good.
I am glad to have gotten over my disgust for ground beef because I had a wonderful cheeseburger! My compliments to the grill master! There were also hot dogs and brats, but I only stuck with the burger. We had so many good sides with our dinner: a crunchy noodle salad, homemade mac-n-cheese, fruit salad, and a red, white, and blue jello salad. I was definately full after dinner, but I savored every bite.
For dessert we had a tasty flag cake that my husband made. It was so good that I've been eating it every night since! In fact, I am now off to finish the last piece!
2 comments:
Dan looks like one proud papa! I think he and Joe will get along fabulously. One time about 5 years ago Joe made me pudding (pudding!!!) and he sliced some strawberries on top. He talks about it to this day.
when it's girls night I'm throwing out the USDA Food Pyramid and going for my favorite food groups: greasy, gloopy, chewy, and loaded with sugar. And then I'll throw some peppers on top and call it good.
Post a Comment