I'll be taking a pause in the diner series because I'm here in the land of great food...New Jersey! For about the past month I've been longing to eat NJ food, I didn't think I could wait until my trip! I didn't want to eat my typical Omaha lunch of a PB&J with a piece of fruit, I wanted a taylor ham sandwich deluxe style! My husband listened to my food rants and decided that I should blog about what I've been eating since I've been here. While I'm here I'll be sharing my daily food consumption...it will be like my readers are right here with me!
I should note that on Sunday I thought that NJ would be the unobtainable land as my flight was cancelled. After hiking down 4 flight of stairs at the airport parking lot on Monday we took off and here I am.
On Monday night when I arrived my mom made me a ham and cheese sandwich on a good NJ hard roll. It was waiting for me in the car...what a great mom! She also had grahams for Nathan to snack on which he enjoyed.
Yesterday I didn't anything out of the ordinary: Cheerios and a smoothie for breakfast, a turkey and cheese sandwich with a granny smith apple for lunch, and favorite casserole for dinner. Favorite casserole is, well, a family favorite from growing up.
Today I had a NJ bagel with butter for breakfast. It was a perfect NJ bagel- big and fluffy. Sadly I had hoped that Nathan would enjoy the bagel but he had a fever and wasn't feeling well (if this was a grumpy sick boy with an ear infection blog I'd write more about that-but it's not, so on with the food) For lunch I ate a Jr. Hamburger from Wendy's on the way to my sister-in-law's house. Then I had lunch again at her house. She made me a delicious ham and cheese sandwich on homemade bread. My nephew also shared a grape with me, but he wanted to be sure I knew it had seeds in it! Then tonight for dinner my dad and I got Chinese. It was so good! I had wonton soup, an egg roll, and roast pork lo mein. Delish!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment