Last April I headed back home to NJ to celebrate my birthday with some of my closest friends and family (minus hubby who had to stay back and work.) I hadn’t celebrated a birthday NJ style since I was 18! It was a day of great fun and great food! My day started out with a NJ bagel (more on that in a future post dedicated solely to the NJ bagel.) It was delicious!
Later on in the day my mom prepared outstanding appetizers. It was toasted Italian bread topped with guacamole and then sprinkled with smoked gouda. They were so filling, but I wanted to keep eating them. There were so many flavors that came together to make one great snack!
For dinner we had NJ pizza (again, a future post will be done just on NJ pizza) Since I only get back to NJ a few times a year the pizza is a delicacy. I couldn’t think of a better birthday meal.
My mom and sister-in-law worked hard during the day preparing a birthday cake from scratch. It was a yellow cake with chocolaty fudge icing. The cake was perfectly rich and moist while the icing was just the right amount of sweetness and a little hard (in a good way.) It tasted so great. I would have loved to eat the entire cake!
With a birthday this wonderful I will not let another 10 years go by without celebrating in NJ!
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
t
uhh, don't know what happened to that last post.
anyway, that was a fun bday celebration.
i can't take any credit for that cake, other than the beautiful decorating with colored icing...i dream of that icing. i still need to ask debbie for that soon. it is, in all sincerity, the best chocolate icing i've ever had.
great, it's 9:30 and now i want chocolate icing...
Post a Comment